The following user guidance is for Deanery Regional admin teams.
SOAR Deanery Admin Handbook | File Size: 1807.65 KB | Date Updated: 29/08/2014
A reference tool to aid the Deanery regional teams in working with SOAR.
Initiate Declarations for Trainees on SOAR | File Size: 779.53 KB | Date Updated: 05/03/2015
Step-by-step guide on how to create new declarations prior to ARCP review season (taken from handbook)
How do I deal with SOAR login requests from trainees?
- Trainees may approach you for help with login:
- Users are encouraged to submit SOAR Login Request form
- Currently, Trainee login requests are sent to:
- Submitting the Login Request Form does NOT automatically create or update the user account - you (as Admin) need to action this, following local checks
Checking the Trainee details
- Check to see if the user is on Turas
- If not on Turas, refer to the deanery regional procedure and await user's addition
- Trainee doctors are added to Turas from UK national systems (after a number of checks are performed)
- Search for existing account on SOAR
- Search GMC number, email and spelling of surname
- Amend login details
- Check 'last updated' date (in case already actioned by someone else)
- If account locked: unlock, save, then reset
- Accounts are locked if user provided correct login name and password - but entered incorrect security question 3 times
- Assign a dummy password (at least 8 characters long and alpha-numeric); or
- Use reset button to wipe password and security questions
- System will send automated email to Trainee confirming their new login details
Trainee not on SOAR?
- Check Turas
- All Trainee data on SOAR is imported from Turas in an overnight process
- If a Trainee's start date is set in the future, their details will not get imported until that date
- Check for Start Date typos (e.g. entering wrong year by accident)
- Email SOAR@nes.scot.nhs.uk for further investigation
link to this faq
This page was last updated on: 14/07/2015